How do I transfer financial aid between Pacific College campuses?

If you are planning to transfer between campuses at Pacific College, you must complete some important steps for smooth academic and financial aid transfers.

First, you need to submit a request for transfer to the Registrar at the campus you are currently attending.

Next, you should contact the Financial Aid Office in San Diego so that we can review your file and determine what needs to be done to re-award you at the different campus. Depending on when you transfer, we sometimes have to cancel and re-award upcoming loan disbursements.

You’ll need to complete some financial aid steps, including:

  1. Add the school code of the campus you are transfering to your FAFSA record.
    • San Diego 030277
    • New York E00911
    • Chicago E00983
  2. Complete the appropriate Financial Aid Certification form indicating that you plan to attend a different campus. Note: It is important to indicate if you are attending only one semester at the transfer campus or if you will be attending for more than one semester.

These steps should be completed at least one month prior to the start of classes. We can accommodate transfers closer to the start of classes, but we cannot guarantee that funds will be available to you right at the start of classes.

If you have questions regarding the transfer process, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 619-574-6909 or 800-729-0941.

CONGRATULATIONS! You have completed all of the steps necessary to apply for financial aid. Please respond in a timely manner to requests from the Financial Aid Office for additional information and/or clarification so as not to delay the receipt of your funds.

Types of Federal Student Aid

Several different financial aid programs are available to Pacific College students depending upon eligibility and circumstances. The Financial Aid Office will always offer the best possible types of aid at the maximum levels for which the student is eligible. The types of aid and criteria are as follows:

Federal Pell Grant

A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or a professional degree. The amount awarded depends on the determination of the student’s eligibility; enrollment status; cost of attendance; and the Federal Pell Grant payment schedule issued by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Student Financial Assistance. Grant aid does not need to be repaid. Once master’s students reach 90 units, they are considered graduate students and are no longer eligible for further Pell Grant funds.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

Each year Pacific College awards a limited number of students a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG). These funds are targeted to students who qualify based on exceptional financial need and who are eligible for the Federal Pell Grant. This is a limited fund and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to our highest-need Pell Grant recipients who are full-time students. The Vice President of Financial Aid determines who will receive FSEOG and the amount awarded, not to exceed available program funding.

Federal Work-Study (FWS) provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the recipient’s course of study.

Federal Direct Loans

Pacific College participates in the Federal Direct Loan Program. The U.S. Department of Education administers the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program. The Federal Direct Loan program consists of what are generally known as Stafford Loans (for students). Under the Direct Loan Program, the funds for your loan come directly from the federal government. This is the primary source of aid for students at Pacific College. Federal Direct Stafford Loans are designed to assist students with educational expenses.

Loans first disbursed on or after 7/1/18 and before 7/1/19:
Direct Subsidized Loans Undergraduate: 5.05%
Direct Unsubsidized Loans Undergraduate: 6.60%
Direct Unsubsidized Loans Graduate or Professional: 7.60%

The interest rates for Direct Subsidized Loans and Direct Unsubsidized Loans are shown in the previous chart. The interest rates are fixed rates for the life of the loan. Federal calculation to determine eligibility for a subsidized Direct Stafford Loan: Cost of Attendance minus Estimated Family Contribution (from FAFSA) minus Pell, FSEOG, FWS award and any other resources (scholarships, state grants, etc.)= Remaining need for subsidized Direct Loan up to the maximum annual limit as defined by the student’s program of study and enrollment status or grade level. If you are eligible for a subsidized loan, the government will pay (subsidize) the interest on your loan while you’re in school, for the first six months after you leave school, and if you qualify to have your payments deferred. You might be able to borrow loan funds beyond your subsidized loan amount even if you don’t have demonstrated financial need. In that case, you’d receive an unsubsidized loan. The Financial Aid Office will subtract the total amount of your other financial aid, including your subsidized loan amount from your cost of attendance, to determine whether you’re eligible for an unsubsidized loan. Unlike a subsidized loan, you are responsible for the interest from the time the unsubsidized loan is disbursed until it’s paid in full. You can choose to pay the interest or allow it to accrue (accumulate) and be capitalized (that is, added to the principal amount of your loan).


If eligible, you can receive a subsidized loan and an unsubsidized loan for the same enrollment period as long as you do not exceed the annual loan limits. Federal PLUS Loan Program Parents of dependent students and graduate/professional degree students can borrow from the Federal PLUS Loan Program. The terms and conditions of the Federal PLUS loan include a requirement that the applicant not have an adverse credit history and an interest rate of 7.60% with an interest rate cap of 10.50% for the Federal Direct PLUS Loan. Parents and graduate/professional students may borrow up to the cost of attendance less any other financial aid awarded.

Vocational Rehabilitation

A student who has a physical or mental disability that is a handicap to employment may be eligible for training services through the state government Agency for Vocational Rehabilitation. For further information, contact the state’s Agency for Vocational Rehabilitation.

Veterans’ Benefits

Pacific College is fully approved by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) to participate in the training of veterans in all the programs offered at Pacific College. To determine your eligibility for Veteran’s benefits, you must first contact the VA directly or apply online at https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/#modal. They will instruct you on what forms are needed for them to approve your benefits at Pacific College. Once those approvals are complete, you should bring a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the Financial Aid Office and we can then certify your enrollment so that funding can be received.

New York State Grants and Scholarships

There are New York state grants and scholarships available to New York residents attending a New York college. The initial application for these state grants and scholarships is the FAFSA. The New York Higher Education Services Corporation (NYHESC) will mail an additional application form directly to every New York resident that completes a FAFSA and authorizes release of information to them. The state programs include the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), Regents Award for Children of Veterans (CV), Aid for Part-Time Study (APT), Vietnam Veteran’s Tuition Award Program, Scholarship of Academic Excellence, and the Regents Professional Opportunity Scholarship. Please contact the Financial Aid Officer at the San Diego campus for additional information regarding these programs.